Dance with a Stranger Intermediate
- Have been dancing Modern Jive for 1.5 - 3 years,
- You may choose to lead or follow regardless of your gender,
- Beginner Recap teachers can enter at this level,
- If you have won DWAS in a lower level you must move up a level if that win is more than 12 months prior to this competition.
- If you teach Intermediate or Higher Modern Jive Classe.
- If you have placed 1st, 2nd or 3rd in a national championship at intermediate level more than 12 months prior.
- If you have placed 1st, 2nd or 3rd in a national championship at a higher level.
Baby Aerials: Allowed.
Full Aerials: Not Allowed.
Number of Songs
Heats: 1 Song
Final: 1 Song
Current Top 40
120 - 132 beats
2.5 – 3.5 mins
Continuous partner changes occur approx every 45seconds, so competitors get to dance with most, if not all, the possible DWAS partners in each heat.
This category is judged and awarded as an individual.
Trophies awarded as 1st, 2nd & 3rd Lead and 1st, 2nd & 3rd Follow.