- Recognised as a Champions Dancer.
- You may choose to lead or follow regardless of your gender.
- If you have placed 1st in a national championship at Advanced level or higher more than 12 months prior to this competition.
- If the couples are multi levels one member must be eligible for Champions and one can be Intermediate Plus or above if dancing up.
- At the discretion of the Directors an advanced couple can be invited to dance up. In the event they do not place they have the right to drop back down.
- If you won 1st in DWAS in at an Advanced Level you must move up a level if that win is more than 12 months prior to this competition.
- Special dispensation - If you have never placed in Champions & have not competed in Champions for last 3 years, you are eligible to apply for dispensation to compete at advanced at the discretion of the VMJC Directors.
Dancers of a beginner or Intermediate level.
Baby Aerials: Allowed.
Full Aerials: Allowed.
Number of Songs
Heats: 1 Song.
Finals: 2 Songs - See details below.
3 – 4 mins
The final will consist of 2 songs. There will be 1 group song and one spotlight song (each being a min of 1.5 mins).
Continuous partner changes occur approx every 45 seconds, so competitors get to dance with most, if not all, the possible DWAS partners in each heat.
This category is judged and awarded as an individual throughout the heats, reperchargers and semi-finals and as a couple in the final.
Trophies awarded as 1st, 2nd & 3rd.